Tuesday 23 February 2016

Temporary Working Visa for Canada

Temporary Working Visa for Canada

If you would like to come to Canada to work but do not want to make the full commitment of emigrating on a permanent basis, you are probably interested in applying for a temporary working visa for Canada. This will allow you to work for a specific period in the country and then to return home to your country of origin. The first step to being granted a temporary working visa for Canada is to secure an offer of employment from a Canadian employer. Once this has been done, you can complete the necessary forms and submit your application. However there are certain eligibility criteria that you must meet before you can apply.

Eligibility Criteria

All applicants for a temporary working visa for Canada must be able to prove that they intend to leave the country once their visa period has expired. They must also show evidence that they will be able to provide for themselves and any dependents financially throughout their stay in the country. Part of the eligibility criteria requires a background police check to ensure that you are of good moral character and have no criminal record and you may also be required to undergo a health assessment to check your medical records. It is also important that you have not worked in Canada for a period of more than 4 years in total after April 2011.

Where to Apply

You can either apply from inside or outside the country depending on the circumstances of your application. Most applicants will be applying from their home country, in which case the application must be made to a Canadian visa office. If you are already in the country, either because you currently have a work or study permit, or if you are currently living with your spouse or parents who have an appropriate current permit, or if you have just graduated from a Canadian educational institution or if you are currently in possession of a valid temporary resident permit which has at least 6 months of validity left on it, you can apply to the Case Processing Centre-Vegreville (CPC-Vegreville).

Do I Always Have To Have A Job Offer To Apply?

There are some professions that do not require a Canadian offer of employment and also do not need to apply for a temporary work visa. These are listed in full on the Canadian government website, but include occupations such as professional athletes, clergy, examiners, emergency aid workers, foreign government officials, news reporters, military personnel, public speakers or performing artists.

What Else Do I Need To Know?

When you submit your application form you will also need to submit any essential paperwork to support your application at the same time. You will also need to pay the relevant fee. Once your application has been received, processing will begin and you will be asked to attend an interview with a Canadian immigration official. You may also be asked to take a medical exam which could delay your application by up to three months. Once the immigration officer has approved you to work, you will receive a letter of introduction, however this is not your visa. You must show this letter when you arrive in Canada and you will then be issued with your work visa. This will stipulate certain condition, including the particular type of work you are allowed to undertake, the specific employer, the location of your work and the total period of time that you are permitted to work for.
Previous Post
Next Post