Saturday 30 September 2023

How to Apply UK Immigration

How to Apply UK Immigration

If you want to immigrate to the UK, you will need to know how to apply UK immigration. There are several different types of visa that you can apply for, and you need to know which one is right for you before you submit your application.

Work Permit

The majority of people who have already been offered a job in the UK can apply to immigration under the Tier 2 Work Permit category.

This type of permit is offered to employees whose prospective employer already has a license to employ workers from abroad and who have previously advertised their vacancy and found no suitable candidates from within the EEC.

There are 4 categories within the work permit type - the skilled worker, an inter-company transfer, the professional sports person and the minister of religion.

Most people coming to work in the UK will be included in one of these categories. Those that are not may be included under the Tier 1 Work Permit category, which is aimed at highly skilled individuals within their sphere of employment.

Successful Tier 2 applications are given leave to remain the UK while working for the same employer for up to 3 years with the possibility of applying for an extension.

Temporary Work Visa

If you have secured a specific short term employment contract in the UK with a company that is a licensed sponsor, you can apply for a Tier 5 Temporary work permit.

This type of permit also covers the Youth Mobility scheme which allows young people to experience life in the UK for up to 2 years; however individuals under this scheme must be sponsored by their own government.

Student Visa

If you are have received an offer from a UK educational institution you can apply for a Tier 4 Student visa.

In order to be eligible for this category you must study for a minimum of 15 hours per week and be able to support yourself while in the country. You must also return to your home country at the end of your course.

Fiance and Marriage Visas

If you are married to, or are planning to marry a UK citizen within the next 6 months you can apply for one of these types of visas. You must have already met your partner and intend to live together while supporting yourself financially.

Other Visa Types

If you want to enter the UK on a short term basis for tourism purposes you can apply for Entry Clearance which gives you 6 months in the country.

If you want to operate a business or operate as an entrepreneur within the UK there is a UK Business Visa which may meet your needs, while if you already live and work within the UK you could apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain. You can usually do this after remaining in the country for 5 years.

Once you have Indefinite Leave to Remain status, eventually you can apply to UK immigration for citizenship. Some Commonwealth citizens also have a Right of Abode in the UK and can therefore apply for this with proof.

How To Make An Application

It is fairly simple to make an application to UK immigration. You simply visit the website where you can go through the online process.

In order to apply online, you will need to first register for an account and have originals and photocopies of all documentation relevant to your application.

Any documents that are not written in English must be translated and your application must be completed in the English language. It is also possible to complete the forms manually if you do not have online access.

Once you have filled out and submitted your form you must pay the required visa fee and arrange an interview at an application center. Applicants from some countries may be required to have a medical test for tuberculosis. The time it takes to process your application will vary depending on visa type and demand.

Last Updated 30 September 2023
Previous Post
Next Post